thirdspace accepts only previously unpublished work. We define “unpublished” as work that has never before been published in any print or online media accessible to the general public either via subscription, purchase, or free access.
We accept multiple submissions and ask that you notify us as soon as your work is accepted for publication elsewhere.
1. E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type a cover letter directly into the body of the message. Your cover letter should include:
• Your full name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number.
• Title(s) of your submitted work(s), genre, and word count for written pieces.
• Color headshot suitable for publication (300 dpi or greater).
• Your short biography.
3. Paste all written work directly into the body of the message. If special formatting is required, please attach a PDF version of the properly formatted piece along with pasting the work in the body of the e-mail. Please attach all visual arts submissions as a
4. PDF and .jpg files should not include identifying information in order to allow for anonymous review.
For each issue we will consider:
FICTION/CREATIVE NONFICTION: One piece per author of up to 5,000 words.
POETRY: Up to 3 poems per author of any length.
VISUAL ARTS: Up to 5 pieces of visual art per artist. All pieces should be submitted in
You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your submission within 1 week. If you have not heard from us by then, please resubmit. Due to the volume of submissions, we may not be able to provide individualized reasons for not selecting a piece for publication.